Trombone playing is a challenging but rewarding activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. However, one of the biggest challenges faced by trombone players is learning and maintaining proper hand positioning. This is where TromboneBuddy™ comes in. TromboneBuddy™ is a highly developed position trainer that attaches quickly and easily to any trombone. It provides previously unavailable precise position feedback that helps the beginner to quickly and accurately learn the position locations and helps more advanced players fine-tune their accuracy. Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned veteran, TromboneBuddy™ is an essential tool for anyone who wants to improve their trombone playing.
When you combine 3 generations of music experience and over a hundred years worth of expertise in playing and teaching the trombone, the result is bound to be something truly special. That's exactly what happened when Randy Stroetz set out to create TromboneBuddy™, a revolutionary training device that perfectly marries form and function. As a lifelong trombonist who has played in orchestras and jazz groups for over 50 years and spent his "day job" as a biomedical engineer, Randy was uniquely equipped to design an instrument that would allow beginners to learn quickly and effectively through intuitive, hands-on training. Thanks to his passion for music and decades of experience both on stage and in the lab, TromboneBuddy™ is not only elegant in its simplicity - it's also highly functional. So if you're looking for a way to learn the intricacies of this complex musical instrument, look no further than TromboneBuddy™ - the product of 3 generations worth of musical knowledge translating into pure musical perfection!
- The TromboneBuddy™ is made with ultra-light carbon fibre. It is very durable and most players cannot feel a difference in slide movement when it is attached.
- The TromboneBuddy™ is easy and quick to use because it attaches and detaches in seconds with non-marring clips. It also stores in a case, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- The SlideSaver safety stop is included to help prevent new students from dropping and damaging the outer slide of the trombone.
- You can adjust each position marker to make sure your trombone sounds just the way you want it to.
- This guide provides a visual reference to each position on the trombone that is easy to see while playing.
- The magnetic version of the device adds a tactile feeling to each position, which makes it easier for players to learn where they need to be. This is because the feedback comes from the movement of their arm, which uses a different neurosensory path than traditional learning methods.